When people sign up to volunteer in our Kids Rooms, we want to equip them with all the info they need to get started, and do their job well. It can be a little overwhelming for a new volunteer to try to remember everything, so we created some booklets for each room that give them the basics to get started. This one page (double sided) document gives them some basic info that they can take home with them, and they can refer to. We also have another volunteer training booklet that we give to all volunteers that covers our vision & our goals as well as our safety training, but these room booklets are specific to each room and outline things that volunteers will need to know while serving in that room. You can download a copy of each of these booklets:
JK/SK Small Group Leader Booklet
Grades 1-2 Small Group Leader Booklet
Hopefully you will find these helpful!
When people sign up to volunteer in Kids Ministry, we have a lot of stuff and info that we give them to get started. To help simplify the process, we put together a gift bag for them. Here’s what’s in the bag:
- A Booklet that is specific to their ministry area. It gives them basic ‘need to know’ info so that they can get started.
- Our Kids Ministry Orientation Training Booklet. This is general info about our Kids Ministry that is relevant to all kids rooms. You can download the PDF version here or the Adobe InDesign file here.
- A Creekside Kids t-shirt. We want all of our Kids Volunteers to wear a Creekside Kids t-shirt when they are serving.
- A Name Tag. They wear this name tag when they are serving, and leave it in the kids room when they are done for the day.
- Extras. We include a few little gifts so that new volunteers know that we are excited to have them join our team. A travel mug or plastic cup, a Creekside pen & some candies usually do the trick.