Preschoolers love to sing! When looking for some new Preschool Worship Videos, I found some from NewSpring Church. They have done a great job of making videos for preschoolers. You can view them for free on YouTube. Here are some of the songs we are doing with the preschoolers at our church.
- Guess What
- Jump Around
- When I Look
Here are some ideas that you can use to help your preschoolers participate in worship time:
- Have preschoolers stand/sit on a mat. You can buy small size mats (from Target for about $3) that are just big enough for a preschooler to stand on. When it’s time to sing, have them stand on their mat & it helps to define the space where they should stay.
- Songs on Video. If you can play videos on a screen it will help take your preschool worship time to a whole new level. However, it’s important to have a person lead the songs from the front while the video is playing, and do not use the video as a replacement for human interaction.
- GO BIG. Choose songs that have people doing actions on screen. Then get all the helpers in the room to do the actions too. Big, over-exaggerated actions help kids to participate.
- Simple Words. Choose songs that have just a few lines that are repeated over and over.
- Repeat the same songs. We do the same 3 songs every week in our preschool room. The kids will learn the songs and be able to participate easier if you keep the selection to just a handful of songs.
I was looking for some new Kids Worship Songs and came across some new videos by Summit Creative Company. There are several things I like about these videos:
- Contemporary Sound. I’m not sure what is ‘contemporary’ these days, but these songs have a sound to them that is current with pop culture. Kids like these songs because the style is familiar to them.
- Lyrics on the screen. Short, simple phrases on each frame are easy to follow. Even if the kids can’t read yet, the lyrics help the volunteers in the room sing the songs.
- Motions on the screen. My biggest challenge when doing songs with kids? The leaders forget the motions. Sometimes volunteers do different motions from week to week, or the motions vary from volunteer to volunteer. Having the motions on screen helps to keep the motions consistent.
- Visual Effects. They use several different effects throughout their videos to keep kids attention.
- Great words. Most of their songs really focus on God. When kids are in our program, we have limited time, so I really want to make sure that the lyrics we sing focus on how amazing our God is.
Click Here to view a sample from Summit Creative Company. You can find more of their songs on Worship House Kids website.
There are some things that only the leader of a team can do. Bill Hybels talks about the gift of ENERGY that a leader can give to their team & the difference it will make. In this video he talks about going from feeling anxious & overwhelmed to feeling focused and energized on the leadership goals that were in front of him.
People lead the best when they are renewed, refreshed & re-envisioned. Bill Hybels, the Lead pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in Chicago, talks about the challenges of staying replenished and the priorities that he puts in place to keep recharging.
Bill Hybels is a well known pastor & speaker. His talks are challenging and motivating.
I came across this video of him speaking about Coffee with God. Great reminder of where our priorities should be & the difference it will make.
Are you looking for new kids songs? Here is a list of names / groups that you can search in YouTube. These videos would be applicable for different situations. Some are great to use for teaching Bible verses, some are good for pre-service tunes & some are great to use during Kids Worship Time. Each of the names listed below has several videos on YouTube so there’s lots to preview.
Go to YouTube, and search the following:
Nate Bristol – His songs have motions to go with them performed by NRUMC Kids. Be sure to search both names on YouTube.
Seeds Family Worship also found at seedsfamilyworship.com
Jump Start 3 also found at jumpstart3.com
Ambersky Records also found at amberskyrecords.com
Shout Praises Kids also found at shoutpraiseskids.com
Go Fish Guys also found at gofishguys.com
Hillsong Kids also found at hillsong.com/kids
What other music videos do you use in your Kids Ministry? Add your ideas to the comments section below.
We have just finished an EPIC week at our church. Here is a little video I put together with highlights from this past week.