Special Friends is the name of the ministry that we have at our church for a one-on-one buddy system for children with special needs. This fall we have an increased number of children with special needs. We want to do everything we can to help them learn in a way that works the best for them while they are in our Kids Program. Their Special Friend connects with them & builds a relationship with them like no other volunteer in our Kids Ministry. I love seeing the Special Friends Teams together!
We created a video to help raise awareness about our Special Friends Program at our church. Hopefully people will realize the huge impact a Special Friend has on a child. We are showing this video in our Sunday Morning service & then will share it on social media. You can view the video we made here:
Whether you are creating a recruiting video for special needs or another ministry in your church, you should include the following:
- Real people. People want to hear about things that are actually happening in the lives of real people. That’s why reality TV is so popular in our culture.
- Tell a story. Tell about the challenges the person is facing & the impact the ministry is having on them.
- The difference. Tell about the difference in their lives. Without this ministry, this family’s life would be drastically different.
- Ask for help. Once you tell the story, ask people to come and be a part of making a difference, so that more lives can be impacted.
- Next step. Provide a way for people to respond. A website, an email or a contact person.
With an Iphone and movie editing software, you can create a recruiting video that will tell the story of the ministry you want to highlight.