Preschoolers love to sing! When looking for some new Preschool Worship Videos, I found some from NewSpring Church. They have done a great job of making videos for preschoolers. You can view them for free on YouTube. Here are some of the songs we are doing with the preschoolers at our church.
Here are some ideas that you can use to help your preschoolers participate in worship time:
- Have preschoolers stand/sit on a mat. You can buy small size mats (from Target for about $3) that are just big enough for a preschooler to stand on. When it’s time to sing, have them stand on their mat & it helps to define the space where they should stay.
- Songs on Video. If you can play videos on a screen it will help take your preschool worship time to a whole new level. However, it’s important to have a person lead the songs from the front while the video is playing, and do not use the video as a replacement for human interaction.
- GO BIG. Choose songs that have people doing actions on screen. Then get all the helpers in the room to do the actions too. Big, over-exaggerated actions help kids to participate.
- Simple Words. Choose songs that have just a few lines that are repeated over and over.
- Repeat the same songs. We do the same 3 songs every week in our preschool room. The kids will learn the songs and be able to participate easier if you keep the selection to just a handful of songs.